Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Lessons Learned

Its amazing what you DONT learn in high school or college. That thought just randomly hit me today, as i was standing back and watching my best friend recieve condolences at her childs memorial today.



School doesnt teach you what to say, do, or how to act, in situations like this. sure, if a random stranger walks up to me and asks what 5 times 5 is, i can rattle off an answer. But what am i supposed to do to make this all better?



I was talking to an old classmate at the memorial today. He and I used to be in NJROTC together. we talked and laughed, along with jess and justin, over some old stories and old drama from then. He was next to me when i came to the conclusion of how useless high school can be when it comes to our futures. I asked him "Daniel, did you ever think we would be here, doing this, living life like this? Watching our 2 best friends burying their child?" and he pointed out to me that we can never truly know what is going to happen from one day to the next.



I found a quote that helped me a little. It reminded me of who my TRUE Teacher is, and how thankful i should be that He is the one who truly knows what lies ahead.

"God didn't promise days without pain, laughter without sorrow, sun without rain, but He did promise strength for the day, comfort for the tears, and light for the way."





sorry to ramble, and if some of this didnt make sense. Its just been an emotional few weeks and i wanted to get it all out...or atleast a little bit of it out lol

No comments:

Post a Comment